Tractor and Minivan Collide in Fresno
A minivan collided with a tractor on South Blythe Avenue on Tuesday afternoon in Fresno.
The crash reportedly took place on August 31st around 12:04 p.m.
According to reports, the driver in a Toyota minivan tried to improperly pass the tractor and the two ended up colliding.
Following that collision, the minivan then crashed into a fence along with a power pole.
As a result, the minivan sustained front and rear end damage, however there are no reports on the tractor’s condition.
Tow trucks were needed to remove both vehicles from the roadway.
One of the unidentified drivers suffered injuries and was bleeding from his head.
Witnesses may contact authorities with any additional information on the crash.
Circumstances where passing is prohibited:
- When you are approaching or already driving on a curve in the road
- Solid yellow line is on the driver’s side
- You see a “Do Not Pass” sign in a yellow pennant-shaped sign or white rectangular sign
- When you are approaching a hill or grade in the road
- If you are within 100 feet of an intersection, tunnel, bridge or railroad
Always be sure to use your blinker, check your blind spots and accelerate when passing legally.